Labels

Monday, April 2, 2012

AHA 4


In doing the yellow dot project we were told to save the world using nothing but yellow dots. Naturally my group decided to do a zombie apocalypse themed radio broadcast and when you complete this broadcast you get a yellow badge. Zombies are kind of a fad right now in pop culture and seeing that I was part of this “fad” from the beginning (Night of the Living Dead 1968 sew it when I was 8) it pains me and I’m joyful that it’s finally getting the credit it desires.
(The movie feels tame by today but the 8 year old in my was freaked out...)


I, for the most part, really enjoy all the new amazing (and not so amazing) material coming out. Now the reason I talk about this in my AHA journal is because of an author. Max Brooks is an amazing writer. He wrote several things but what he is famous for his zombie books.
(Handsome right? Son of Mel Brooks...fun fact.)

The first was a survival guild and the second is about a reporter who interview survivors after the first wave of a worldwide attack on the planet by zombies.
The audio of the second book is out of the world good! When I read it I loved it but when I listened to it I was truly frightened by it. Maybe it was that I read the second book to fast or I was doing it while I was doing 1000 other things but I never really gave the characters different voice or face in my mind. To me it was Max’s face with my voice but in the book on tape (you can rent it from most libraries or listen to it on youtube) each character has their own voice and it painted a horrifying picture in my head.
 It was the first time I realized that I wouldn’t likely survive a zombie apocalypse.


This is a fake trailer for the movie that is being made right now. This was made by a fan by mashing up other movies. Its not bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMm4s1268to

No comments:

Post a Comment